Monitor your system with COMCON and receive:
- Free Phone Line for Life
- Free Local & Canada-wide Calling
- We support all North-American broadband providers
Request a Quote Call Us
Important information you need to know before deciding to use VoIP or a Digital Telephone Service:
- New VoIP services can affect your electronic security / life safety system; in almost all cases, the security or life safety system relies on proper operation of the telephone line and its associated special security wiring, to reliably communicate alarm signals to the central station.
- With a self-installed VoIP service, such as Vonage or others, your alarm system may lose its connection to the telephone service, rendering the system unable to send alarm signals to the central station. VoIP technology may also cause your alarm signals to get scrambled as they are sent to the central station.
- With digital telephone phone services offered by your cable provider, your system may be unable to consistently and reliably send alarm signals to the central station. This technology may also cause your alarm signals to get scrambled as they are sent to the central station.
- In addition to the security system’s battery back-up equipment, VoIP and digital phone services may need additional battery back-up equipment to maintain communications in the event of a power failure. Either way, there is significant risk that your security / life safety system will not be able to communicate an emergency signal to the central station. We encourage you to check with us before making any changes to your existing telephone service.
- If you have already switched to VoIP or digital phone service, it is important that you contact us immediately. We will arrange a service call to properly test your system and check the wiring. For the utmost reliability, there are new security communications solutions available that use digital wireless transmission or the Internet to reliably send alarm signals to the central station. These services allow you to take maximum advantage of cost savings from VoIP or digital telephone services while maintaining, and even improving, the reliability of your security / life safety system.